this is the best game ever made plz never let this die
Power Strife Deathmatch
A downloadable game for Windows
DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES THE LAUNCHER WILL BE UNDER MAINTENANCE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD PSDM 036 FROM THE ITCH PAGE INSTEAD
What Is This?
There was a time before microtransactions, in-game currencies and the ever advancing scourge of "ranked gameplay" (shudder).
A time when you could just boot up your favorite little battle simulator on the PC, join a server and immediately be bombarded with shrapnel fired from a player dressed as Homer Simpson.
After about half a year's worth of development, Power Strife Deathmatch is a passion project created by one developer to bring back the old age of deathmatch...
Well, one developer and a bunch of assets from HPS1 developers who offered their precious characters, weapon models and maps up for the battle of a lifetime...
Okay, so maybe it's not entirely the work of one guy... Let's just call it a village...
(Also the logo, cover and spinning thingie on this page were made by Bryce Bucher!)
Power Strife Deathmatch
PSDM is a game with all the hallmarks of old-school deathmatch, you've got your B-hopping, your selection of impractical (and fun) guns all with their own unique alt-fire abilities, you've got weird maps with strange secrets to find, and best yet... A log-book where you can learn all about the characters, weapons and items you'll find in the strangest deathmatch game ever created...
Oh, and I forgot to mention the best part... It also features random item pickups ala mario kart... Just in case you needed the gameplay to get even more hectic...
- 20 Unique Use Items across 4 different rarities!
- 9 Playable HPS1 Characters, with a total of 28 skins...
- 12 weapons to collect around each of the game's maps...
- 7 playable maps from HPS1 classics...
- An extra gamemode that turns the game into FPS Smash Brothers??? What???
- A grappling hook (which is also Peeb)???
- In-depth movement and combat that'll shake your pants off...
- A titanic, incredibly impractical arm-mounted railgun...
- A sniper rifle that might be a bit overpowered???
- A default pistol that doesn't suck...
- A bat that lets you slam enemies out of the arena...
- A sledgehammer that lets you bodyslam people. Yes, I said that.
- A polaroid camera that not only flash-bangs people, but functions as a tripmine and can take screenshots? And it can see ghosts???
- A logbook that tells you everything you need to know about all of your weapons, items and characters. Learn the exact amount of damage and what effects everything does in there!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- UPDATE: Networking Bugs Fixed33 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
so much fun i played with my friends for hours
I wonder if it'd be possible to add bots by modding? If nothing else its still LAN playable and the core mechanics and art style are snazzy and economical at the same time.
I'm sorry, you found a way to make PSDM LAN Playable? That seems like quite the incredible accomplishment? How did you get that up and running?
Commenting again because I don't know where to ask. Is there a place for a discord about this, I've seen links related to other stuff you've made but most of them are dead-links.
I couldn’t find “Nowhere Land” where the flesh pack is from, does anyone have a link?
Nowhere MI's (formerly Nowhere Land) demo isn't out to the public yet, in maybe a month or so it'll be available
good, but there are some problems.
- the game has less diversity in guns and collectibles.
- the game has only a small selection of maps to play.
- more characters/skins
- fix balancing for guns
This is wonderful. Please, oh PLEASE make the peeb a default tool. make it a hot-key! Left-click to shoot, right-click to peeb!!!
I love the art style and chaotic game gameplay! I'm excited to see what else is in store! I think the addition of Quake style bots could really give this a lot of staying power.
yeah, bots would be great, cause i don't really know anyone who would join me and i can never find any servers
Oh wow I love this, what a wonderful game with an awesome OST!! Looking forward to more updates!!
Oh man this rules
I think this game is really good, quake mariokart somethin. I think that it would be nice to have a setting or mode that let the Peeb tool be used at the press of a button, I feel like constantly swapping between it is fine and makes for a challenge but having it on a bind would be nice. I also think that the knockback in smash mode should be much higher, but otherwise, it's an amazing deathmatch shooter!
This specific Peeb feature has actually been requested quite a lot! Next time I push an update I'll try to get that in for ya! Thanks for playing!
i love this game so much ive had an absolute blast just blasting my friends with fun weapons (especially the smash gamemode)
LETS GOOOOO I GOT IT ON PATREON
heck yesss i was wondering when this was gonna drop
Dont trust Lena...